View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:11 AM
RugosaB

Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
I still have a rooster with dried seeds and beans that my son made years ago.
I made my Barbie, by hand, a leopard print vest when I was about 8. I am now 56, and still have it!
I liked Barbie way past the age my sister did but it was the 'making clothes' that I enjoyed.

I remember there was a little patch of some little plant, green but not grass, that I would go out and trim in ways that there were rooms and paths

I also remember cutting figures out of the Sears catalog and using them as paper dolls. I remember spending hours trying to find 'clothes' in the catalog that would fit 'the doll.'

I have one daughter that has never taken an interest in Barbie, but loved her Ninja Turtles. Or I thought she did. One day I found one of her turtles, bound and gagged with masking tape, in the oven of her Fisher Price kitchen

I tried to sew ANYTHING with her but never saw any interest UNTIL when she was in high school. She had scoliosis surgery coming up and had to go give blood a few weeks before. She was lying there, giving blood, and I noticed the skirt she had on. Where's you get that? (keep in mind she was just a tiny little thing) I bought a top at Goodwill and cut it apart and made it.
She got a sewing machine right after her surgery