View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Gerbie

I have one in each ear. A dentist pierced mine when I was about 18, using an ice cube. He was down the hall from the Law firm where I worked. My mother had two pair that I wanted to wear some day, a pair of ruby studs from South America that her brother gave her when she was young and a pair of dangling cameos. Mother passed away 24 years ago now, there is just my brother and I, so I got her jewelry. I wear the rubies fairly often only to Church, but have only worn the cameos a few times. I change my earrings almost daily as I do my crosses I wear, and usually just wear my earrings, my crosses, plus my wedding rings and anniversary rings, my watch and a stainless steel cuff bracelet with my name engraved on it which is expandable, that my grandmother made and gave me when I was about two years old. I am seventy years old now. All of my jewelry is simple and usually dainty, I don't care for heavy or gaudy stuff. DD has two in each of her ears, she wanted hers pierced when she was small, about 2nd grade our family Dr. did her first two. She had the other two done when she was grown. I have no problem with mine, but was told by the Dentist to start out with 14 k gold studs, and keep them in for at least 6 wks, cleaning daily with alcohol which I did.

Last edited by Gerbie; 12-15-2014 at 07:59 AM.