Old 12-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Barb in Louisiana

Default JPG files no longer a recognized image file

Within the last 15 minutes I have tried several times to upload a jpg file to a thread. Each time I have gotten a message that the file is not an image file. I shut down my computer and rebooted it to see if it was me. It isn't. I've got the same problem after I restarted my computer. I thought it might be the image I wanted to upload so I tried one that worked last night. I got the same error type message that it wasn't a recognized image file. The exact message is

Upload errors. (name of file.jpg) This is not a valid image file.

What are the file types we can use for images/pictures?

Edited to add: I just went to Profile, then my recent postings and got this message

Oops! An error occurred: connection to SphinxServQB:3312 failed (errno=0, msg=php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

Something weird is happening. I am running a Windows 8.1 op system and had no problems last night with any of these functions.

2nd Edited to add: There are no pictures in the threads. I see a box, but no image. Apparently all jpg uploaded images are now no longer valid, therefore we can't see them. Sure hope you guys get this fixed pretty quick.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-15-2014 at 08:23 PM.