View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 12:51 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
Its amazing how science, medicine and technology has so changed us as a human species. My kids were on their tummy's, had small quilts, afghans for sleeping. Used a sleep sac sort of (the one where its a nightgown and ties at the bottom). Had mittens for their hands at night so they didn't scratch themselves. Fed them real infant rice cereal before they were 3 months old; so they would sleep through the nights. Amazing .. we all lived through it ...
My parents never had a child seat for me, I used to sleep in the back of the station wagon when we went on vacations.

But alas so much has changed since my childhood; my kids' childhood and my granddaughters childhood and will continue to change for many years as Science and Medicine becomes more progressive.
And, funny how we grew up fine and know how to take a chance and not always look for what is safe in life. Nor do we expect life to be always safe. I'm glad I grew up then and not now with so many "don'ts" around that not only take away some supposed dangers, but take away a lot of the basic joys.