View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Sdwill

I have gotten a "prepaid" debit card and put the the Christmas $ on it. When it's gone, I better have all the Christmas bought because that's it. No more. DH and I always make sure we buy for our kids first (even though they are grown, we try to buy things they "need"). Then we buy something that our parents "need" such as clothing or replacing something that broke. then if anything else is left, we buy for each other, but it's usually something we "need". I don't need anything else sitting around the house to clutter it up. Oldest DS doesn't really buy us a Christmas gift. He gives us something large that we need during the year. He still lives with us, and last year he bought us a new 50" TV as were still on old analog TV and it was about to go out. That was our Christmas and birthday gifts from him. Youngest DS is still in college and planning a wedding. We try to help him out and get stuff he needs. He doesn't have much under the tree this year, he's doing a lot of work on his house fixing it up so we got him a gift card to Lowes and told him to name a weekend and we'll be up to help him with a project. The future DIL told me that the curtains I made for their house was her Christmas present. I still buy a little something for my nieces and nephews that are under 18 years old, but it's usually kept under $20. After they turn 18, I don't buy for them anymore.