Thread: Cough mixture
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:07 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

If you have a persistent cough and the prescribed meds don't help and now someone else in the same household/family has it, you need to see a different doctor or go to the ER. There is a bacterial pneumonia going around that is contagious. My sister had a persistent cough that the doctor just kept giving her a cough syrup. He tried some antibiotics. This was a few decades ago. It started in June of one year. After a couple weeks and no better, I told her to see a different doctor. My family thought that was an insult. Finally this doctor sent her for exrays in December after Christmas. Dad called me and said they found lung cancer. I used to go to the same doctor but quit because of distance and other stupid stuff before the nurses were allowed for certain exams. Anyway. You need to be checked out. By the way, I do not get flu shots 1 in my lifetime and worse case of flu I ever had. Almost wound up in hospital. Have had the flu couple times since and nothing like what I had with the shot. I am adamant about people washing their hands. A persistent cough past 10 days with no relief from prescribed meds from beginning warrants a trip to the ER. Who wants to spend the holidays in the hospital or so miserable you don't spend with family?