Old 12-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Sewnoma

I learn so much here - I never knew these Singer card tables existed! Are they sturdy enough to really sew on? I think a regular card table would bounce around, but these are more stable? I like the look of the legs.

I have in mind trying to find one of those small square-ish cabinets. Very simple, very small. Something like this one: (random table from image search)

http://instappraisal.quadrixit.netdn...sition=elastic

That way I have some hope of finding a spot where I can keep it set it up with the machine kept out, so it'll actually get used. If I fold it away...I'm not going to use it except rare occasions. I want the machine OUT, so I can see it, pet it, and use it! And show it off! Particularly since I have wanted one of these Rocketeers for sooo long, since before I even got into quilting. It's the machine that drew me in to vintage machines in the first place. Now that I have it I can't just put it in a closet or under a table somewhere! It needs a primo spot and regular exercise!

I also have a simple all-wooden table that I bought at IKEA a couple years ago that's doing nothing out in the garage; if I don't find something soonish I just might chop a hole into that one, and lop the legs off shorter. Would be a fun little DIY project. It's a little big, though.

Sigh. I need a bigger house! (The cry of sewing machine geeks everywhere.)