Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Finally finished this quilt top after 7 years.

About 7 years ago I was in a quilt guild and two sisters brought in their quilts and said they would teach us how to make one like theirs. They had beautiful quilts, one was hand quilted and the other machine quilted. I went to my stash and made the first 3 blocks. Then I decided I wanted the quilt to be made out of fabric that was coordinated so I went to Joann's and picked out the fabric, guessing the amounts needed. I quickly made the blocks each month but then I let the top sit in pieces because I had no idea how to quilt this. It has very large spaces for fancy quilting and that was beyond me as I was a very new quilter. So this year I have decided to finish my quilt tops and this is one I grabbed first to put the border on. I took pictures with a camera that does not show the true colors as the background is not white but very beige. It is a lovely quilt but I still look at all those spaces and cringe, I have no clue what I will do with them, I am not a big fan of heavy quilting. It fits across my queen bed and I learned so much about applique and many other things when I made this quilt. The last picture shows a green star block and I had to make it 3 times and each time I cut off the points, I'm glad I decided to just quit. I was so new to quilting and it was a real learning experience.
Attached Thumbnails taw-other-quilts-068.jpg   taw-other-quilts-071.jpg   taw-other-quilts-074.jpg   taw-other-quilts-078.jpg