Old 12-18-2014, 08:01 AM
michelleoc

Emma - love your backing fabric.
Joe's mom - your blocks look GREAT together!! I went with continuous white, black and yellow because I've never done something so scrappy before. I have not chosen wisely. I should have gone out of the box more. Yours will be beautiful!

Quick story. Yesterday finally sat down to finish clue #3. Love the chain piecing but it seemed to go on forever!! I bought extra fabric of the yellow, white and black since they were going to be my constants. Well, I've gone through my studio, my stash, my UFOs, my PIGs and cannot find either the white or the black! i was able to find the white on line but not the black, so I ordered something that looks close, so my black will be more scrappy than I intended, starting with Clue #4. Sigh. So yesterday I went through and was recounting previous blocks to ensure that I had, in fact, done the right number. I was short one block set from Clue #2! Aaarrgghh - of course it uses the white and the black that I am out of. I was talking to myself up a storm, trying to figure out what to do. I walked away and came back after a snack (a snack always helps!), and recounted again. Two of my block sets were stuck together, so I actually had the right amount. Phew!!