Old 12-18-2014, 05:59 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I'm no where near finished with the blocks, but I do have some of each step made. I'm aiming for about half of each, and I think I have half of the half done in steps 1 & 3. Step 2 is giving me fits, so only 24 finished of them. But I will get there eventually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502960[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502961[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502962[/ATTACH]
So happy you posted! I am using 1 fabric for each color too...wanted to see how it looked, especially step 3. Glad the green doesn't just all run together. I'm only doing 1/2 of what she calls for...will figure out which way to go once it's done. I'm just trying to finish step 1...won't do it & leave it to catch up...makes for another UFO (knowing me)...so just taking my time inbetween everything else to do it step by step. I will get it done that way. I've done a couple of Bonnie's MQ. I am also taking my time to trim anything not the correct size...I found that slivers add up in her quilts because of all the pieces. So I check...takes a little more time...I don't care cuz I've ended up with very nice quilts at the end & not alot of problems putting it all together. The 2nd clue should be a piece of cake for me...I just finished a pattern called "Sunny Daze" as I was starting this one & it was full of those exact same size diamonds! Lucky me!!! Will print tomorrow's clue, then will be at my daughter's for the next week or so. Have several projects to get back to come the first of the year!!! Love the scrappy ones I've seen...just no time to go through my scraps to prepare for this MQ so went with just the 1 color way...all from stash. So, either way, just using what I already have...works for me!