View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 12:40 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies View Post
I never thought of them steeling from me. I was a cleaning lady myself for a few years, then got job for a florist and later worked in a large store, and then a cheese factory. Loved working out, now I`m old and have a problem wondering if a cleaning lady would think I was a poor house keeper!
Barbshobbies - When my health forced me to hire some help, I worried about the same thing. Silly on both of us. If we could keep our homes the way we always have, we wouldn't need help. Everyone I have interviewed, (I have replaced a couple over the years, but only one was fired, laziness not theft) have always made some comment to the effect that "your house will be easy to keep up'. We don't hire help because we are lazy, we hire help because we need to. If we hired help because we were lazy, we would have less money for fabric, and I don't know about you, but I want all the fabric I can get....!
Remember when you start looking, that you are looking for capability, sincerity, warmth, and the right feeling in your gut, not a new friend.
Even though I am still friends with all the former helpers I have had, the one I had to fire was the first, and I hired her because she young and I wanted to help her. Stupid move that I had to fix, and I hate confrontation. Telling a young, single mother, that she no longer had a job, was purely awful! The point being, hire for the right reasons.

The one I had to fire is still a dear friend, so I must have said it right....

Last edited by madamekelly; 12-19-2014 at 12:49 AM.