View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:17 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Well that 301 will have to wait. Someone wants to look at a 401 - so I dug some out... it seems the one I was working on last Christmas and put on the back burner reared it's ugly head. That machine makes a BEAUTIFUL zz stitch as long as you don't look at the bottom - the bottom stitches look like YYYYYY and not ZZ no matter what I do to the machine. The straight stitch is great. I've cleaned and adjusted the bobbin case I have even taken out the bobbin case and put one I know works in it - no change. I've taken apart and rebuilt the tension - no change... I have removed the tension and put on one that works - no change. I've adjusted the spring clip that holds the bobbin in - no change. I've changed the pressure on the foot - no change. I've checked everything I can think of for burrs... I may have to start a new thread - The Machine I Threw out the Window Today... You would think after a year in time out the thing would want to work................ NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... But so far it hasn't gone out the window or the door... I'm just glad for the one that does works.