View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 04:19 AM
RosaSharon

Default I changed my roller blade

Don't you just love a new blade in your roller cutter? I was having a problem with mine though. It kept crunching onto my ruler. I tried so hard to avoid this, and wondered how my eyes could have gotten so much worse overnight! I decided I needed to position it at a slight angle, but even so, I continued to run into the ruler ruining it and dulling my new blade too.

Around day three of this, I finally deciding I must have a lemon for a new blade, I figured it must have a slight bend in it, because something was definitely wrong with it, as I had never had this problem of cutting into my ruler before. That crunch was getting on my nerves.

I was looking it over carefully when I thought, 'hum, I wonder if I put the blade on the wrong side of my cutter?' I took it apart and put the blade on the other side, and walla, no more crunch! I could tell immediately that my problem was me all along!

So, the moral of this story is, the blade goes on the black side, not the yellow side -- the side that says 'blade cover.' This is just par for the course for me. If there is a right way and a wrong way to do something, I always chose the wrong way first.