View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 12:12 PM
KnitnutBZ

Originally Posted by pghpat View Post
i just can't believe this board!!!!! No matter what i need help on it seems it pops up at just the right time. This morning i posted the following:

dag nabbit....one of these days i am going to get the hang of this...lol. I always use my "start/stop" button on my janome 6600. This might be a dumb question but can i/do any of you use the s/s button when you do free motion quilting?

I need all all the help i can get. Thank you! Pat

then when i came on to look for answers someone referred me to this active post. Thank you all so much for the input. I agree with those of you that like using the start/stop button. I have never used my foot pedal since i got my machine in '09. I have made several attempts to fmq - always with the s/s button but thought maybe i should be using the pedal - ugh! I do lots of stitch in the ditch with no trouble but haven't gotten good enough with the fmq to feel comfortable doing it on a quilt. I guess it is like they say - practice - practice - practice.

I am off to do that right now (with my s/s button...lol. I just love this board - everyone is so helpful and so willing to help everyone else.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!