View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
ThayerRags

I probably use Buy-it-Now and Auction about 50-50 these days. On some things, I like the B-I-N to make sure that I get it, and on others, if I get outbid, it’s no big deal. I hate it when I really want something that is listed as an auction, and then have to wait to see if I get “sniped” a few seconds before the auction closes. It’s all kind of fun, I guess.

As others have mentioned here, I also enjoy buying or placing a bid on a “pig-in-a-poke” from time to time. It’s those listings that have several photos of a group of things, but no meaningful information in the description. The photos are pretty much the only information about what is in the group, and positive identification is nearly impossible, even when the photos are enlarged, lightened, darkened, etc.

I made one of those B-I-N surprise buys on the auction site today. Look at it and see if you think I got my money’s worth. I’ll have to wait until it gets here to see what all is in the tackle box. It’s a surprise Christmas present to myself!

CD in Oklahoma