View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
....Not having the knowledge of exactly what some of the parts fit or the need for so many of them like the thread cutters I wouldn't have bid. It all depends on a person's needs or wants and in your case I'm sure you'll do ok with it.
Rodney
That’s the fun part of buying a “pig-in-a-poke”. You never know for sure until you get it if there is anything really interesting in the group. My interest is in the taps that are in the plastic stowage. Are they regular taps, or are they maybe a complete set of Singer special thread taps? I’m guessing regular in that kind of packaging, but I can use another set of small regular taps. Did you notice the other taps in the plain bag? I wonder what they are? Extra “regular” taps....or specialized Singer taps? The last small Singer tap that I bought back in July cost me $25 Dealer Cost.

The box looks like a box that a sewing machine mechanic would have around. It looks like two names, a man and wife possibly, in label tape on the tackle box. I wonder how long they worked on sewing machines? Some of the items in the group seem to be older Singer items, like the needle boxes that have other parts in them. It’s been a while since Bernard made belt pliers, although they could have bought them used. And speaking of other parts, there’s a bunch of check springs in one, and a bunch of bobbin case springs in another.....

As a side note, I bought 4-5 Priority boxes of miscellaneous “old sewing machine mechanic parts” from that auction site back in 2006 when I was getting going with my sewing machine repair shop, and I’m still digging good useable parts out of that lot that come in handy today. Back in 2006 when I first looked at them, I didn’t have a clue what some of them were, but as time goes on, and I see more sewing machines, I’m finding more and more goodies in that lot that are life-savers.

CD in Oklahoma