Old 12-20-2014, 09:09 PM
madamekelly

Default What are you having for Christmas dinner?

I will start this by saying our family has always done pretty much the same meal for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year I needed more room in the freezer, so I made a turkey in early October, made one for thanksgiving, and now being faced with yet another one, I was not looking forward to it. (You actually can get tired of even your favorite meal...) fast forward to earlier this month, and a good friend gifted us with a 10 lb pork shoulder. Guess what we are having for Christmas dinner? Right!
We are having pork shoulder cooked with pineapple and dried cranberries, roasted carrots cooked under the roast, Christmas rice (white rice with red and green peppers and a little saffron for color), bean and pasta salad, pickled beets, sweet and dill pickles, corn bread, and scalloped potatoes. For desert we are having a choice of mandarin orange "Foam", Death by Chocolate cake, or bread pudding with apples and cinnamom.
We are cooking it as a group. So, what's for dinner at your house on Christmas Day?