View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 02:25 AM
meganc731

That's the worst Pat!

We did about 50% of our shopping online this year which is down from past years. We still have to run to the music store this week and buy an amp because my son is getting an electric guitar and my daughter is getting an electric violin. We're the worst about shipping things so I try to order gifts to be sent direct to family but this year I actually had 4 gifts to mail and they all made it to the post office in time. One year I found my brother-in-laws gift buried in my husbands car in June. I couldn't believe he never sent it, it was a movie themed basket with microwave popcorn and candy!!

This weekend has been all about cleaning at our house. We've been going going going so much though that we were only keeping up with the bare minimum so we tackled it this weekend, it's such a relief. I spent almost all day Saturday and part of today in my 8 year olds room going through stuff with her. Her room is really tiny and she has the most stuff so it can be hard to organize. I finally figured out an arrangement that seems to work and she has lots of room to play now. My older daughter whipped her room into shape by herself which was awesome because it was BAD. My son is a bit of a neat freak. He had the least to do of any of us. My hubby was the best. I finally took out all my winter clothes from under the bed and he swapped them out for my summer clothes in the closet! <3 I found quite a few pairs of jeans that I haven't worn in a couple years that fit. Downside is that the pair that used to be my favorites are really outdated now. Oh well!! They were a touch loose anyway!

I realized what my real December diet downfall will be, my 13 year old daughter is off school for two weeks and bakes when she's bored!! LOL Today I ate cookie dough!

I'm so proud of my hard work this weekend I'm posting pictures!!! DD has this dollhouse style loft bed but she's afraid to sleep up top so we made it a solid platform and she has the whole area devoted to Littlest Petshop. The big change this weekend was with her mattress she used to have a twin that was under the loft and stuck out into the room. DH took an inexpensive foam mattress we had and cut it down so it would fit lengthwise under the loft and open up her floor. That created room to move her dresser which helped because before it was angled in a corner so it wouldn't cover the heating vent. The other change we made is we hung a piece of closet shelving above her closet door to put her stuffed animals on.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg