Old 12-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Pollytink

Well, Bob Evans will be cooking for us this year! We're having our Christmas tomorrow, the 23rd.....DIL is a nurse and just got off 2 12 hr shifts and is working on Christmas day. She and DS come from about 60 miles away. We're kind of the walking wounded this year...I've been in the hosp 3 times this year, last with a pulmonary embolism and am still trying to get stronger. DIL and SIL both having problems with back, everyone is kind of disabled! 3 of us are getting Bob's Steak Monteray--yummy with portobello mushrooms and monteray cheese on top! Don't know yet what DD and SIL are getting....DIL is making a pumpkin roll for dessert and probably deviled eggs (they've become a family tradition!). There will be lots of candy for dessert---hoping I'll still get the tin of chocolate covered macadamia nuts-another tradition! The thing I'm most excited about is that DS and DIL are bringing their new 6 week old chihuahua puppies....can't wait to cuddle them! They just lost their two large dogs and these babies came just in time! There are no kiddies around now so the puppies will be fun! I wonder how Tinkerbell will react to them! Oh....I'm also going to get an "extra" meal--I think meat loaf, for me for later. I'm just so grateful that we can be together for another year...it looked kind of iffy for a while there.

All your meals and dishes sound so wonderful...I think a Christmas recipe thread is in order!!! It's so fascinating to see the menus from the USA, Canada and England!