View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Elisabrat

I have been using my nieces sewing machine for the last two years. On SSI there has been no funds for "fun" things like sewing machines (or as I would say a BASIC LIFE NECESSITY). I am moving in just a couple weeks and was worried.. what will I do with my time? sewing is my entertainment. Well, last night my girlfriend called and told me "Now don't get mad at me.." then proceeded to share that she had just left Sears and had bought me a new machine, nothing fancy but its new. MAD? I AM GOING TO BE MAD? uh.. nope not mad! I was so excited and when I picked it up today it made me cry. That was such a kind and thoughtful for the heck of it gift which means the world to me. I can continue to keep busy. I am in my own little heaven right now. Tomorrow, I pull it out and test it. OH and this Friday is free fabric day (fabmo.org) here near where I live and I am set to snag a bunch more fabric before I go. Several quilters are bringing fabric for me so I will have a good stash to leave with. I feel so fortunate. I am so fortunate. This is one GREAT day.