View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Rach L.

Default Singer 306K help

A few months back I picked up a 306K. I finally got around to working on it the past few days, and was beyond excited when I discovered a little hidden cubby in the cabinet and found numerous feet, extra plates, an extra light bulb!, blah blah. Ok, it was like Christmas came early.

Anyway, I got everything cleaned and oiled and went to thread this beast when I ran into my problem. When I tried to pull up the bobbin thread, the needle hits the shuttle. I took out the bobbin case, that wasn't the problem. Could this be a timing issue? I've only had that problem once, and I don't remember what that particular machine was doing to have one of you guys on here know what was wrong. Since I took out the bobbin case, I'm certain that's not the issue. I also had the correct needle size in (and facing the right way...flat side back, deep groove in needle facing me). I looked through the manual online, and I can't figure out what could be wrong. I'm still a novice with the machines (still can't get that darned Kenmore working right), so I'm hoping one of you guys might know. Any help is appreciated....as always.

I am going to post pictures...I thought maybe it would be helpful. These may not be in the order listed.

Needle in correctly
Some metal thingy I thought was in the way (not sure what it is or what it does), this wasn't the problem (needle still hits shuttle when I took it off)
One shows needle as low as it will go
Position of take up lever when needle hits
Position of take up lever at highest point
Attached Thumbnails img_3488.jpg   img_3489.jpg   img_3490.jpg   img_3491.jpg   img_3492.jpg  

img_3493.jpg