View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 07:28 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Hi all... I wrap my pieces that are 1/2- 2 yards on comic book backing boards and stand them like books on a bookshelf unit I have just for fabric. Anything bigger than 2 yards I "ruler fold" and then stack them on their own shelf. For pieces smaller than 1/2 yard, I just fold them and stack them. I group my fabrics by 1) batiks, 2) children's, 3) 30's repros, 4)designer collections, 5)florals, etc... you can group any way you like. Within those groupings I sort by color.

I have to have all fabrics out where I can constantly see them or I forget what I have. It doesn't work for me to put them in drawers or even see-through boxes.

I'm still pondering whether I want to continue in this swap another year. It's been fun but I'm a little discouraged by those who have not followed through with their commitment to get packages to every participant by their birthday. It is a big commitment, but also SO MUCH FUN. Still thinking and trying to decide... Will let you know soon, Barb. You have done a fabulous job with this swap!