View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Diannia

I have 1 set of grandkids that live about 45 minutes from us. The girls are from my DS's 1st marriage and live with DS and DDIL and so spend Christmas Eve with their DM and her family. They go home late Christmas Eve evening so they can wake up to Christmas morning at their home butthey spend the day going from our house to DDIL’s family and then go back totheir DM’s late evening to spend the rest of their winter break with her .DS has to work Christmas morning this year sothey tried something new…they got to pick out 2 gifts each evening for the past4 nights to open and enjoy.DDIL saidthe whole family has loved it.They hadtime each night to play/read or whatever w/the gift items instead of opening 1to stack it in a pile and rush on to the next 1.She said 1 evening they played kid Monopolyand DS joined in (he usually has to be in bed early for work).She thinks this will be a new tradition forthem.I don’t think I can sing herpraises enough.She is raising thosegirls as her own and treats them no differently than her and DS’s littleboy.She’s definitely a keeper!