Old 12-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Cogito

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I agree and always do this.
Then again, I *have* to do this because it takes forever for me to get around to doing the quilting as I'm the sort of quilter who enjoys seeing how all the colors work together more than finishing a project.....there are many great artists who left work unfinished and nobody denies their genius!!

Jan in VA
Jan! I am so happy to hear you say this! I have several friends that we get together to quilt...sometimes we actually make the same little wallhanging! I have been quilting off and on for 30 years, most of them only a year or two. They often are rushing to get it done....sometimes at the loss of technique. They are always giving me a hard time about not finishing projects. But I do! It's just that sometimes I like mine to sit awhile and I may change colors, design or borders etc as I am "creating". To me it is the process I so enjoy! They do not understand that and think I'm a little off!
sorry I hijacked the thread! To answer, I do not back tack when I'm running it off the edges because I know my edge finish will take care of that.