View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:17 PM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I sew very little with batiks, not because I don't like them -- I DO! -- but they are more expensive than other fabrics often and I've just managed to rein in my desire for them. BUT, that said, a charm pack might be just the ticket to make something colorful for my wall! Mostly medium ranges, colors. I'll add lights.

I promise to start looking for that button box tomorrow. My foot with the recovering torn achilles tendon is recovered but swelling each day after a day going about my busyness, and I'm off it for the next few hours.

Jan in VA
There's absolutely no rush. Please take it easy and let your tendon heal in its own time.

I'll be making Christmas gifts between the 26th and Twelfth Night (6 January) when we'll exchange gifts and play Hand & Foot (card game) with two other couples.

Meanwhile, in between everything else, I'm washing more batiks to start work on the 26th. Not saying what I'm making because one of those peeps is on this board!

As for sponges, the reason I toss them is that the green scratchy side wears out.

Then there's pens that don't write. How many times do we grab a pen only to make invisible lines on the paper?