View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Wow! Steve, this is too cool for words. I knew 40+ years ago that we had made so many advances because of the research, etc. being done on the space program. So much of the medical monitoring equipment in existence today, celebrated its birth during the space program. How many lives have been saved because of this research -- I don't imagine we'll ever know for sure, but I suspect many millions. Heart monitors came about because of the space program, and there were many others. I stood on the steps of the Kennedy Space Center Heqdquarters building and watched the launch of the first manned Apollo launch. Little did we dream, then, that the space program would be the beginning. I worked in the Technical Library at Kennedy Space Center for more than a year, and my husband was a Telecommunications Technician. We lived pretty close to the launch site -- not dangerously close, but when the Apollo capsules were launched atop a Saturn V Rocket, you could read a newspaper at night in our back yard just from the light of the rocket launch. I suspect we are going to see quite a revolution in repairing and restoring the old machines we love so much.

Wow!
Jeanette