View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Bobbielinks

Default Blue and White Stack & Wack

Connie brought this beautiful Stack & Wack top for machine quilting. I must say that it is GORGEOUS. Such crisp, clean colors!!! Measures 106 by 85. We decided on bleached Hobbs 80/20 for the batting and white thread throughout. (The bright blue backing is beautiful with the quilt, but for some reason the white thread looks gold in the pictures). Connie wanted feathers where we could place them in the background, but did not know what she wanted in the pieced blocks (At that point I did not know either) Once I began quilting on it I decided to stitch a repeat of the pieced blocks on the background white fabric and add curly q's on them and on the pieced blocks. Connie seemed very pleased when she picked it up - and I hope she will enjoy it for years to come! My husband loves this quilt, he has mentioned several times since that it or one just like it would look very nice in our blue and white bedroom. Maybe, one of these years.......
Attached Thumbnails aug-nov-quilts-2014-014.jpg   aug-nov-quilts-2014-019.jpg   aug-nov-quilts-2014-016.jpg