Thread: Triangle quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 07:00 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Thanks Everyone. To answer some of the questions...

SandyFullmer: I cut the pattern strips at 2" and the solid at 1 1/2" For the triangles, I think I cut the patterned triangles from 7" strips and the solid at 5 1/2" then used my 60 degree triangle ruler to cut the triangles from those. I pieced it last year so I can't remember exactly. The triangles ended up finishing at roughly 10 1/2" but many were off and there was a lot of "fudging" and starch involved.

GeriB, all my quilting is hand guided or as another LAQ I know puts it... "girl powered". I have a stitch regulator but no computer. I also did a bit of ruler work on this too.

DianneK this quilt started with a fat quarter pack I won about 3 years ago. 2 years ago I discovered the Moda Sassy line by Sandy Gervais was a perfect match to those FQ (although the FQ were not from that line) and 3 of the fabrics I bought on line because they looked like they would go. Finally one of the greens I pulled from my stash. So out of the 11 prints I used, 4 of them were Moda Sassy, 3 were from the FQ pack 3 were random fabrics from different manufacturers I found on line and 1 was from stash. The solid is Moda Bella Solid color Snow, which is an off white.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 12-26-2014 at 07:16 AM.