View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 02:30 PM
lfty298

Hi Cminor
It can be hard to work on a quilt with someone else's fabric choices - not because we are such aesthetic princesses, but just because it is hard to tell when something looks right. Here are my 4 suggestions'
- I wonder if the bright white is just creating too much contrast. Maybe you can soften it with a bit of medium gray. If you are committed to the already cut fabrics, it will limit what you can change.
- If you have access to a quilt design program (like EQ or QuiltPro) try changing the colors and placement around a bit. Sometime the smallest change can be effective.
There is an online quilt program called MyWebQuilter.com - it is user friendly, free and doesn't require much to register (email and create and confirm a password). Not a substitute for a full featured program - but it might help. It bailed me out last week when I was choosing a color combination.
- Show your friend what you have at this point and tell her why it doesn't work for you - maybe it's fine with her and just what she expected.
The design is really not that bad - like you, it is not my favorite, but it doesn't hurt my eyes and I honestly think this is a question of personal taste.
Hope the piecing and quilting is more fun than the design part.
Lefty - in Philly