Old 12-27-2014, 08:08 AM
blzzrdqueen

Default Need help picking easy baby quilt patterns, need 3 quilts...

Good morning,

It has been a very long time since I have posted or even been to the site. I used to quilt a lot, but since I returned to school 3 1/2 years ago, I have been unable to quilt much due to time restraints. I am almost done with school (2 classes this spring and 1 more over the summer) and I am working almost full time for a oral surgeon and still have my other part time job of stocking magazines. Plus taking care of my family.

The reason for my long overdue post today is, 3 of my co-workers are about to become first time grandmothers, 1 in Mid-February and the other 2 at the end of March. I have a 1 month break from school and I would like to attempt to make 1-3 baby quilts for my co-workers, using very simple and fast working patterns. I am mostly using scraps from my stash and will buy if I absolutely have to. I expect to have to buy the backing at least. Can you suggest some very easy and fast working patterns that I could look at and possibly use for these quilts. Ultimately I would like to do a quilt for each of the co-workers, but fear I will not have enough time before school starts again, so even if I can do just one, I would be happy. Out of the 3 co-workers, the one who would get it if I just did one would be my office manager because she has gone above and beyond to help me move up in my job.

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!