Old 12-27-2014, 10:15 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
Thank you for posting the photo. That is absolutely beautiful. The link I posted in my original post is for a GO die that makes a daisy similar, but not exactly like this one. The only real difference I can see is the center is larger on the Go die. I love the contrast between the light side and the dark side.

Is it my eye playing tricks or does the quilt above use a very pale shade of the same color as the "background" fabric in the block? It looks like the light petals on the pink block are pale pink while the light petals on the blue block looks light blue?? So pretty.
It is most likely white petals with the darker fabric "shadowing" through to give that effect, which I think is very nice. AngelinaMaria, if you want to dabble in applique, I think this quilt would be the perfect introduction for it. The spade shaped petals are a very easy shape to make and applique. You can use any method you like. I think the quilt RedGarnet posted is needle turn or prepared applique. This method does not require any fusible to do the petals, centers and leaf shapes and leaves the quilt very soft and supple. I have yet to find a fusible that isn't a bit stiff feeling. Even the Mistyfuse which is the lightest you can buy leaves the end product a bit stiff IMHO. Maybe repeated washings soften it up. I think you should give this quilt a try and you may just find you really like applique and the simplicity of the design should give you good results right away.