View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 03:04 PM
linkd

I haven't owned a bra without underwires since my early 20s. I've used more moleskin on bras than on my feet! At this point in my life I don't need anymore bulges around my waist... so I keep the girls uplifted. A few years ago my niece (about 16 at the time) needed a dress for a holiday dance. For various reasons she was unable to shop but her mom had found her the perfect dress... but couldn't find a bra that worked. I told her mom (maybe a padded B cup) about underwires . She was also under the impression that they hurt. I told her that that depended a lot on the bra and the fit and gave her the manufacturer and model of my current favorite. Her mom got what I said in 4 different sizes, returned 3 of them and my niece went to the dance. She called later to thank me and I told her not to tell her mom and sister - but skinny girls who only wear bras for decoration don't understand engineering! Her Grandpa (my Dad) was an engineer and also passed down the big rib cage and large breasts from his side of the family.