Old 12-28-2014, 06:58 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default I NEED HELP From the wonderful ladies on the Forum

About three years ago I made a "watercolor" wall hanging of the crosses on Mount Calvary. It was my first and it was sure not very good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503920[/ATTACH]
Then I thought I would try to make one for my church.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503921[/ATTACH]
This is how it turned out.

Here is the problem. One of the couples in our church lost their sister about a year ago. She came to me and asked if I could do a wall hanging out of her sisters clothes that she could give to another sister as a gift. I had thought about doing one with a garden and a fence with a gate. Then put her sisters picture in the sky. When I received the material scraps of clothing, they were nightgowns out of stretchie knit material, silky materials that frey terribly when they are cut. I had told them that I used cotton material to make my squares. It took them about 8 months to give me the clothes scraps (they were pieces cut very uneven and included the buttons and necklines plus pillow cases). They were brought just before Halloween. I work full time and told them I had a lot of gifts to make for CHRISTmas and they said they were not in a hurry.

Now for the real problem. The materials are very plain (bland) in color, some are stripes, some are polka dots, some are cartoon characters and some are just solid bland colors. I am just having a terrible time finding what I can create with these. HELP!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503931[/ATTACH]

They want it to be about 30 x 30 and they want to frame it.
Attached Thumbnails cross-wall-hanging.jpg   cross-wall-hanging-church.jpg   cid__1228140840.jpg   cid__1228140841.jpg   cid__1228140842.jpg  

cid__1228140844.jpg