View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Damkina

Default The Next Project for 2015

Hi, however you celebrate, I hope everyone has had a lovely time and found some of that precious time to get some quilting done.

I honestly can't believe that during the last year, I've actually finished all my quilts and cushions and they've all gone to their loving new homes, the last one I finished binding about 12 o'clock Christmas Eve, to then wrap and take to my sisters house on Christmas morning. I didn't think I'd manage it.
Just one last Help4Heroes Quilt raffle prize for a Military fundraising in July is all I have left to do.
So what did I start a few weeks ago? Designing my own again from scratch! (rolls eyes) Something I said I wouldn't ever contemplate for a long time. But, it's gone from a cushion, to a small wall hanging, to end up as this monster of a wall hanging spread out on the dining room table with the actual picture at 28 x 60 inches long. It'll have to hang on the stairs wall when it's done.
It's a Mermaid and Merman with a Celtic flavour in the style from "Elaine Hamer's Drawing and Painting Mermaids.". I love the design, but I'm now in a pickle as to how to make it... I was thinking of doing it as Redwork (in blue) but keep thinking of felt as i belive it needs colour, either on the marbled cotton i already have, or doing the whole in felt, which I have never used before.
Would mix of felt for the skin etc blend well with 100%cotton appliqué? Also, I'm going to need a good pen/pencil etc to transfer the embroidery lines for the faces and Celtic knots and have heard of Websters Sulky transfer pen. Has anyone used this pen? Is the nib fine and does it do it's job?

Anyone else have a new project in mind for the New Year?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Joanne