View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:35 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen View Post
I just took the machine apart, thouroughly cleaned every piece the thread touches and re-threaded the way you said to. My first ten lines of stitching came out great, then bam, all wonkey again!! I don't get it.
So sorry you are still having problems. It always happens in crunch time.
Did you use 2 colors of thread to verify we are dealing with the top thread or bottom thread? THat will really narrow down the issue.
One other thing. If it sewed OK for a bit, then started behaving badly, were you able to see if it was still threaded correctly? Did it stay in the tension discs? Did it jump out of the takeup lever?
When it messes up, it's a good thing to look over the threading before re-threading...
One other thing, did you try a different thread? I've found that some colors from the same manufacturer won't work in my machine. Usually it's a really dark color, and I think it makes the thread stiffer and more prone to jumping out of the take up lever.
I know lots of posters are saying to look at the bobbin, but I really think it's the takeup lever or the tension disks.