View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Bequest View Post
I've been looking for patterns by surfing the Internet, and Pinterest, and then seeking to download free, or even purchase, patterns.

now I'm wondering if that's my answer to how to get block patterns most easily and efficiently?
You need to spend some time here:
http://quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
It has free block patterns galore, complete with directions on sewing and assembly.

EQ, for the most part, will not tell you how to assemble blocks. It's more of a design tool, and is more appropriate for quilters who are experienced enough to know the best/easiest way to assemble blocks and entire tops.

Originally Posted by Bequest View Post
I need help with getting patterns that indicate the shapes and steps in piecing the quilt tops.
Quilting books and patterns (well-written patterns, that is) have instructions showing the steps for piecing tops. I taught myself how to quilt by watching Alex Anderson's tv show "Simply Quilts" and following instructions in books and patterns. Once you gain enough experience, you will be able to visually dissect a quilt and determine for yourself the best order and method for cutting, piecing, and assembling quilts.

Last edited by Peckish; 12-28-2014 at 09:42 PM.