Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by blahel
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I took a workshop at a Bernina dealer and got to use the new 820. It was super nice. Everything is automatic, push a button and the bobbin come out automatically, just take the bobbin out and replace, push a button and it goes back in and sets itself perfectly. The bobbin is about triple a regular bobbin size! So many buttons though! I set it to machine quilt a 12" design and just sat back and watched. The only thing I didn't like was it had high vibration. The machine was in the Bernina cabinet that comes with the machine and mounted perfectly. I thought the high vibration was annoying for such an expensive machine. I would have to think a lot before I bought one, I really think it's overkill for a sewing machine. The price at the dealer was over $10,000. The choice of sewing cabinet or machine quilting frame comes with the machine.
thankyou for your thoughts..you are right, it is a lot to spend and more than I would want to spend on a machine. The vibration would annoy me..maybe too many bells and whistles..I dont know..i just want a reliable, tough machine with a large throat space with a little bell and a few whistles!! ie needle up/down, thread cutter on the side and to be able to do quilting stuff. I dont want the embroidery part as already have a Bernina Artiste 180e..is there such a machine?? i was thinking the Janome 6600 (I think that was the model no) prior to spying Bernina 820..
You will not go wrong with the Janome 6600. I bought the first one our dealer sold several years ago. Love it every day and it has a big throat to quilt through.