Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
hsquiltingmom

I would say I am probably a cozy quilter. I enjoy it and it is relaxing for me. My friends that don't quilt think I am excellent at it.

In 2008 my oldest daughter got married. I was still working on her quilt the night before the wedding. I had noticed a mistake, the week of her wedding, so I undid, and thought I had fixed it, and lo and behold, it was still there. This was a quilt that was hand quilted, so I set it up in my mil's basement, and I spent many long hours over at her house. Thanks goodness for the help that I had.

I was pleased with the quilt, and so was my daughter and son-in-law, but I noticed at the reception that my mom and sister were picking out mistakes. Oh, well, my children know I am not a perfectionist, but they know the love that goes into these.

As I said before, it is something I enjoy. I will not take the joy out of quilting, just to be absolutely perfect. I keep a journal of each quilt I do, and write down the things that I know I could work on for the next quilt. As long as I see improvement, that is what matters.