Old 12-29-2014, 08:13 AM
QultingaddictUK

I am so enjoying the MQ, thank you Bonnie and all of you QB supporters. Although I have been quilting for 10 years the thing I really love about quilting, besides the friendship is the fact that every quilt is a different challenge and that you never EVER stop learning. On the MQ I have really learnt a lot, not just about quilting but about myself, I thought as I went along with doing so many of the clues I would get bored and a bit tardy, completely the opposite, I am loving every part of it and am getting so critical and particular about my work that even in the past few weeks my piecing has progressed to a really good standard, which has quite surprised me as I thought I was OK to begin with, but not with Bonnie's blocks, no forgiving there they have to be exact.

I was going to just do a sampler 1/4 size one, then went to half size but now it's going to be 3/4, my bed and washing machine couldn't handle a full Bonnie size

I have learnt that the tip I found here earlier in the year about using starch has really paid off, I don't think I could have got the results that I have without it, my best quilting notion friend has been my clover finger presser, my fussy pressing and a SHARP rotary blade With what I have learnt and the care and attention that I have given this quilt it will never be given away, no matter how it turns out, this one is for me!

How have you ladies enjoyed, or otherwise this journey?