Thread: Hexigons
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Geri B

I do EPP using the glue basting method..this time.....last one ( first ever) I made freezer paper strips, drew one hexie the size I was using, fan folded, stapled in middle, cut out w/rotary cutter on those drawn lines, removed staple then ironed these onto strips of fabric and cut out allowing the 1/4" seam allowance between...then basted, then whipped together...phew! Took two yrs..not yet quilted!

This time..... Fiskar paper punch xlarge, old greeting cards..and those recd this yr, index cards from GW, junk mail, whatever...glue pen( refillable), I don't whip stitch, instead hold side by side and nip the edges together...less peeking that way..at least for me....btw. I have purchased the acrylic template for that size hexie from PaperPieces.com, nice 3/8" seam allowance! Will do business with them more!

Now I am thinking...if I wanted to do the plastic hexie/thread basting method. Can I cut my own plastic templates with either the X large fiskar punch or my GO dies. From looking at websites these seem to be just about the same thickness, flexibility as the sheets of Mylar at JAF for cutting templates..... I once had..since sold, plastic hexies that were almost rigid plastic.....wonder if those are atill made..... Just thinking out loud here