View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 12:23 PM
SuziSew

Originally Posted by profannie View Post
I'm thinking about buying a few bolts of fabric to be used as backing for my quilts. I'm in Canada and buying fabric is not easy, so I rely mostly on my stash. I buy everything online and have it ship to my US adress. However, I don't buy more than a yard or two of fabric so when the time comes to find backing for my quilt, I'm stuck. I do mostly lap quilt and find using solid fabric for this boring.
I don't want to buy a large lot of bolt, maybe three or four only. What kind of design and color would you choose for this? What would blend nicely with a large number of colors and design? Floral? Geometric?
Did you ever bought a bolt or a very large amount of yardage of fabric to serve as a go-to backing? Thanks!
I get regular e-mails from Thousands of Bolts and they sometimes have sales on their wide back quilts or short cuts. Their regular prices are pretty good too, I've also used Backside quilting mentioned before, they have frequent sales too. By getting a couple yards of wide backs you should have enough for two lap quilts and not have to do any seaming for width. I've used my left overs for other projects so nothing gets wasted.

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...F1F88142CD8162