View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Blackberry

Default My Latest Addition

My sister was visiting from Wisconsin before Christmas and she loves, loves, loves, to shop at thrift stores. So off we went and here is what I found. It is a Brother Model 271 in a cabinet with a complete set of cams, a manual and a box of accessories. The machine was stuck pretty bad and when we finally got it running it would not respond to the foot pedal, it just kept right on running. The price was $22 but when the manager saw the problems with it he said I could have it for $15 if I wanted it. The machine itself was in really pretty nice shape with no rust, just needed a little cleaning and of course a good dose of oil. Knowing my OSMG could fix the problem if my DH and I could not, I purchased it. I was intrigued by the way the cams are inserted in this machine. I have only seem them inserted in the top and these are inserted from the side. The machine also has an interesting spool pin holder that will swing in many directions. I really like the color of this machine. Now the interesting part was I did not want the cabinet but purchased the machine in it anyway. Before I left to go pick it up I had checked CL and answered an ad from a lady looking for a sewing machine cabinet. When we got back home she had sent me an email that she would like to look at the cabinet. So she came out looked at the cabinet and purchased it for $15. Quite an interesting day as we just traded $$$$$.
Attached Thumbnails front-cams-accessories.jpg   back-machine-before-cleaning.jpg   cam-insertion-point.jpg   cam-inserted.jpg   model-271.jpg  

front-after-cleaning.jpg   back-after-cleaning.jpg