View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:11 PM
JudyTheSewer

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Is there really a working $25 machine??? I know people post all the time bragging how cheap they got some machine or another. Then I notice a week later they want all kinds of help on here and we all give them all kinds of free help. I think they could find out what they want to know just by reading old posts or searching. The info is out there. Some are not only cheap but lazy, too. Or else they are a pack of liars. I better watch what I say I might need help next week, too and you all will still be mad at me for sounding off. Back to fiddling for another 10 hours with the derelict 401 or that 301 I paid well more than $10 for and doesn't quite work correctly that someone thinks is over priced if it costs more than $25............
I'm not in the least bit mad that you are sounding off. I think it is deserving. I have bought my machines for as little as $15 and as much as $150. There are only two machines that needed a lot of work. Most of them just needed to be cleaned, threaded correctly, the bobbin case removed somehow, etc.. I got a 15-125 in a cabinet for $25 because the bobbin case was completely stuck and neither of us could get it out. We even tried removing some screws. She had $50 on it but since I couldn't be sure that the bobbin case was okay and there was no manual or accessories I decided the leave the machine there. She really wanted to get rid of it so was fine with me giving her $25. That is probably the best deal I've gotten. I eventually got the bobbin case out and it was fine. But, I could have just as easily been looking at a machine that needed a new bobbin case.