Thread: Kenmore 1802
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 PM
w1613s

Jessica, I would be pleased to get you copies of the accessory cards but I do not have them, any of the other accoutrements for this machine, or the machine itself. My nephew is interested in theater. He is very interested in costuming and needed a better machine than his non-sewing mother's plastic Singer. He has it and is using it sewing costumes for the latest play being staged at his artistic magnet high school.

His grandmother's doctor just told her that her cancer treatment will take her hair. When he heard that, he got busy and made her several soft hats and assorted mix and match soft hat ornaments. His great-grandmother liked the hats so well that he made her some to match her coat. He's an extraordinarily kind young man.

With regard to the cards. My getting my hands on them would be the long way around the barn. I am going to speak to his mother and ask her if the cards can be copied somehow and then sent on to you or perhaps emailed to you. If that will help, please let me know. An odd thought: Have you tried contacting Sears? Probably a dry hole but Sears has surprised me more than once. Or maybe one of the online sellers of vintage machine parts and manuals, etc.?

From the costumes (they are used hard) as well as the hats I've seen, you have a really good machine. Nice stitches. Not finicky. Solid. I hope I can help you like it even more.

Happy New Year!

Pat