View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Macybaby

I have a personal strong dislike for any sort of fraying - just a pet peave of mine. I've been doing satin stitch, but do like the look of the blanket stitch if I can eliminate fraying. I was thinking I could use fray check on the edge and then stitch down. I use that on a lot of things that I don't want to fray (like the cut ends of ribbon).

From my years of garment construction - a lot will depend on the fabric, but since quilting normally deals with tighter woven cotton, that takes care of a lot of it.

The fusable web my husband picked up several months ago was very good at holding the cut edge, but this stuff I just picked up isn't near as good at holding the edge tight. He got the other stuff at Walmart, and when I looked there Sunday, what they had was just like I recently bought. Maybe Pellon made a change. . . I'm learning to work with it though, so all should be fine.

I picked up my embroidery thread yesterday, so I can finish up my test block set and get ready to start on the "real" sets.

I think I am going to work on cutting all my pieces ahead of time, so I can put what is left over back into my stash for other projects.