View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 12:38 PM
cricket_iscute

Regarding how to arrange the sewing room, I use graph paper and cut-outs of graph paper for furniture. In other words, I put the cut-outs of the sewing table and other things on the whole piece of graph paper which has lines on it for the dimensions of the room. When I got some new equipment, it was really a challenge, but a lot of playing with those items yielded a solution which has worked well ever since. My room is 9 feet to 10 feet (utility closets) across and 15 to 25 feet long, depending on how much of the path to the wood shop my husband needs.

I'm disabled and have had an increasingly difficult time getting down or up the stairs. Plus, I had recent major surgery, which didn't help to get to the sewing room downstairs. After input from physical therapists and a search of the internet, my hubby installed half steps on one half of each step. Normal steps rise 7 inches or so, and now half of each step has a 3.5 inch riser for me to step on, step off to the regular step, step on the next riser, etc. He just finished it and I haven't tried it yet but will as soon as I can. Despite the mess he has made of the room (he is sure I will "hate" him for it), I can't wait to get down there and start cleaning, and then sewing.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 12-30-2014 at 12:40 PM.