Old 12-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Elisabrat

ok I know you were dying for my opinion lol but here it is. Regular batting is just fine for a mug rug. As Jan stated its not to hold something hot from the oven. Just a mug of hot tea or coffee. Or an iced cup which will not cause damaged to your tables if its one which can be affected by ice drippings. insulated batting is over kill but will not hurt anything either. If you chose one or the other you will be ok. Its just easier in my thoughts to sew with batting than insulated batting. ugh that is tougher for me to get right.

I think this is our last day ladies! partners get ready to hear from your partner on what they love and heck send all the treats to ME. this way no on has hard feelings, lots little I don't care. send away! wait.. I don't eat sweets. darn it. except for that marvelous black jelly bean. I love those things. great for the teeth, tongue and lips. I think that zombie look is great on me. (like I care?). I am infatuated with those old fashioned candy boxes however. oh my DABBLER you TAKE THE FLOWERS OFF THEM? omg I would love to have a half dozen to decorate with! when I was very very young (way back when) my mother would get them, ruffled, with roses on top.. the prettiest box I had ever seen. and stuffed with candy? OMG I used to eat candy like it was going out of style. heck I would hide under the kitchen counter with the sugar bowl and eat it by the spoonful. never made me hyper but it did not do wonders for my teeth sigh. cavity central as a kid. really? what a surpise! now I am sugared out I suppose. its a good thing.

if you want to sign up for this wonderful swap please send me a PM tomorrow so I know who is in and can give out names! I need address, board name, real name and phone number. any little favorites you have just write it down and it will go to your partner to help them make your mug rug and maybe pull a little treat for you. all big treats like vintage candy boxes and oh licorice can be redirected to me after all.. want to keep people all even so this could work for me rather well (brat shut up.. NOOOOO! oh fine ok.. sigh). this is going to be a fun quick swap and a great way to make a new quilter friend. Chat away! talk it up! share sneak peaks at what you have in fabrics... make us drool!