View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 02:51 PM
mpspeedy2

I would recommend having a stand alone embroidery machine. That is what I have and I have never been sorry. That allows me to embroider a design out while I am sewing on my regular machine. I have the first stand alone embroidery machine that Bernina made and have about worn it out. I also invested a small fortune in software for it. When I looked to replace it or at least supplement it Bernina no longer made an embroidery machine with the PES format. I purchased a stand alone Brother machine that uses that format. There have been times when I have both embroidery machines going and am also sewing on my sewing only Bernina. The nice thing about the stand alone embroidery machines is that you just push a button to start the process. It stops when it is time to change the thread color or whatever. I often use variegated thread rather than constantly changing the tread color. The machine stops when the tread is supposed to be changed and I just lift up the pressure foot, set it back down and continue with the same thread. I have been doing my sewing and embroidery this way for at least thirty years. Unless you are stitching out a design that needs very precise colors etc. the variegated thread usually works well and saves a lot of time and threading and unthreading. I purchased the additional sized hoops for both machines.