Old 12-31-2014, 05:12 PM
TOOMANYUFO'S

Welcome to the new swappers. Happy Birthday Karen! Happy New Year everyone! I thought I would answer your questions on Jan Swap. My fishermen do fish all winter. They fish for lobsters off-shore, drag big scallops (not those little ones), and drag sea urchins. They usually don't go if temp is below 10 degrees, because the wind chill makes it even worse. To cold and the lobsters freeze on the deck before they can be measured and put in the holding tank. Sea urchin also can't freeze. They have to truck them and sometimes they need to be covered, we have even covered them with old blankets. Lynnie this time of year we don't eat lobster because they are too expensive. Boat price is $5.00-$6.00/lb. In the summer and early fall boat price is between $1.50-$3.50. We do eat some when they are cheaper. We have to sell them when they are worth more to pay our bills. Boat price for scallops is $13.00/lb. We did have some for Christmas, we can't afford to eat too many of them either.

For those who want to learn to make socks, there are great u tube video classes.
My neighbor just left and should be in Florida now. I am freezing, guess I should have gone with him. Lol Every year the cold bothers me more and more. I guess it will depend on whose name I get, what I will make. Well, guess I will post again next year!