Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Good for you, Carrie. I know you will enjoy every inch of the new space, and will arise to use every inch of it. We ladies usually can fill our homes up to the roof tops where ever we live.

It was hard to down size, retiring into a smaller home than before. But finally, I am slowly gaining on the quilt room, turning fabric into quilts, wall hangings, etc. Especially, since I am not adding new fabrics to it by the $$$ three digit number figures.a Finishing those two wall hangings and I SPY small quilt has left some scraps behind, but they are contained into to small tubs. Now progress on TW is going soooooo slow...making two hundred four piece squares for the corners of all the fifty fifty-four forty stars. One stitch at a time. Enough for four rows done; it has 11 rows in it. But it does not help to cut half of a strip the wrong length. LOL! Measure twice and cut once! Lining up the other projects to finish also. that's my goal for this new year, finish each one...but there are a lot of them. Sigh. But I can see to do them and that is very good news after all of last year's trials...which are behind me, not in front of me. One step at a time...and no tripping myself.

May the day be special for each of you. Ok, I love quiet boring days without any great excitement to catch my breath, and catch up on things from the back burner. It really helps to rest and take things as they come in life. Granny QNS says so. Now to figure out the cost of 50 young Cornish chickens, and raising them to the five or six pound size per bird. And the time it takes. Its been a while since we have done so. And times have changed so much. As we look at the good food in our house, I know to give thanks to the great farmers in our home lands for all their work, especially the family farmers.